Training for nursing tutors: 10th edition
Date: October 12, 2018
In a study conducted by the IUIL in 2015, different actors from the hospital sector expressed a need to improve the clinical teaching in Luxembourg. Thus, the LTPS (Lycée technique pour professions de santé) and the IUIL have developed a training of four days designed for medical staff who mentor nursing students from the LTPS in their hospital.
Taking into account the specificities of the Grand-Duchy, this approach aims to train nurses from hospitals to the skills catalogue from the LTPS, the educational positioning of the tutor, communication and feedback techniques and student assessment. The initiative is supported by the FHL (Fédération des Hôpitaux Luxembourgeois).
- Assimilate the role of tutor and his positioning (12.10.2018)
- Understand the set skills and translate them into practice (26.10.2018)
- Structure the mentoring approach and communicate effectively (09.11.2018)
- Follow the student on a daily basis: from the first contact to the final evaluation (23.11.2018)
Participants will establish a guide for the nurse tutor that will be made available in hospitals. Fruit of the reflections of the professionals themselves, and developed in association with the teachers of the LTPS during the training, it aims to support and maintain the learning transfer from the training to the participating institutions.
- Start : 12.10.2018
- 4 days of in-class training and 8 hours of remote assignments (+ one day of feedback after 9 months)
- Language : French
- Place: Maison du Savoir - 2, avenue de l’Université - L-4365 Esch-sur-Alzette
- Price : 350 € (including course material, access to e-learning activities and catering)