Knowledge management: utility and added value for law offices
Date: June 20, 2017
Attention: The conference is sold-out! Unfortunatley we cannot accept any further registration!Be it on a private or a profession level, every day we are overwhelmed by information. Digitalization, as we showed during our last conference in April, can have a positive influence on the management of a law office. What about knowledge management? Can knowledge management be a positive asset, and in how far?
Knowledge management (KM) generally describes the process of managing the knowledge within a company (including law offices and notary’s offices). It can be integrated into an overall business strategy seeking to value knowledge and to improve customer service.
Before starting to establish such a process within a law company, several questions need to be answered:
- What is the utility and the added value of KM for lawyers?
- What exactly is knowledge management and what effects can it have on the daily work?
- What are measures to take inside a law office?
- What are the main ingredients in order to install e successful KM ?
A panel of three experts will share their different point of views and experiences in launching a knowledge management approach :
- Hélène ARVIS (DLaw) - Counsel
- Stéphanie BONN (Wildgen) - Chief Knowledge Management Officer
- Alexandra CABANNES (Arendt & Medernach) - Director Knowledge Management
- Start of the conference : 9 a.m.
- Breakfast : 8:30 a.m.
- Place : Maison de l'Avocat (45, Allée Scheffer; L-2013 Luxembourg)
- Registration fee : 25 € (registration is mandatory)
Please register via E-Mail :
(+352) 26 15 92 56